Blue Ridge Scenic Railway
Blue Ridge, Ga.
Start an exciting journey through Blue Ridge, Ga. aboard our Freedom Railbikes. Leave the depot in historic downtown Blue Ridge and begin a 6 mile round-trip adventure by creeks, ponds, vineyards, gorgeous mountain homes and cabins and a covered bridge through tall Georgia pines. Halfway through your trip, you’ll stop to take in the scenic views and rest before returning to your journey. Keep your eyes and camera ready for wildlife during this incredibly scenic hour and half adventure. Riders should be 4 and up, able to reach the pedals and pedal for an extended time.
2022 Ride Schedule
Our railbikes run from March through December, allowing you to capture spring, summer and fall in Blue Ridge.
*All rides are weather permitting*
For more information or to book tickets, call 1-855-RAIL-103 (1-855-724-5103)
Rides occur weekly on Thursday through Monday
Closed weekly on Tuesday and Wednesday
2022 Regular Schedule
Thursday – Monday
Ride Times: 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m.
Special Date Considerations
Thursday, Nov. 24 – Thanksgiving – CLOSED
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled tour to fill out paperwork and to have enough time to find parking. Please note that a parking structure is available.
- Liability waivers will be available on-site and are required before riding. Any rider under the age of 18 years must have a liability waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- Not suitable for children under the age of four. All riders must be able to walk and pedal.
- The maximum weight is 250 pounds (per rider).
- No infants or pets on this experience.
- No car seats or baby slings.
- Storage is available behind the seats for small bags such as fanny packs. The rail bikes cannot accommodate carry-on items such as backpacks, large purses, totes, or ice chests.
- Sunscreen, a hat, and water are recommended.
- Riders should wear comfortable and loose-fitting clothes suitable for hiking or cycling. Closed-toed shoes are recommended. A light jacket is encouraged during the cooler months.
- Face masks are required to wear upon arrival. Face masks can be removed for rail bike experience if all parties on the same bike agree. Should you wish not to share a bike, we recommend purchasing all four ticketed seats.
- Pedaling is part of the experience and riders should be prepared to do light exercise. Riders should be capable of bicycling recumbently for 70 – 90 minutes at low exertion.